Hi everyone i'm new here. I want to know is there n e software out there that can back up certain application that is already installed in windows sytem. I'm not talking about doing a full backup on the windows system. For example i installed a dvd player software and i want to back up that dvd software on a disc b/c i lost the installation disc already. Thank alot in advance!!!

Contributors
Replies
Views
11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by fry

Hi everyone i'm new here. I want to know is there n e software out there that can back up certain application that is already installed in windows sytem. I'm not talking about doing a full backup on the windows system. For example i installed a dvd player software and i want to back up that dvd software on a disc b/c i lost the installation disc already. Thank alot in advance!!!

Hi, yeah it's possible, you need to backup the folder where DVD Player software were installed, and the windows registy file. I can't see the other way of this. but is not the best way, i think it's better to backup the hole windows. About progs, i use True Image for several years.

Thanks for you reply, how do i backup the registry is there any software that you know that can back up the applications b/c i don't really want to back up the whole windows system

you can make some sort of our registy backup using it's own option 'export', and save the hole registy to you hd as *.reg file.
but i don't advice you make suck backups. because they don't guarantee stability of your system in future when you will restore it.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.