Hi, I had an old keyboard, and I fequently used Print Screen for many things, so I know how to use it. The problem is I got a new keyboard .. and the Print Screen button doesn work..

I know its no the "key" because I can print from it .. but I can't use print screen ... what is wrong?

I heard this is a common error with some keyboards and Windows Xp. Is there a way to fix this?

Contributors
Replies
Views
11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Helltech

It's perfectly possible that (like mine) your keyboard has an F lock key. Try pressing that, then try again.

By default (on mine) the function lock is off, which means the print screen key turns Insert on and off, but when F lock is on, it prints the screen.

Try it out.

It's perfectly possible that (like mine) your keyboard has an F lock key. Try pressing that, then try again.

By default (on mine) the function lock is off, which means the print screen key turns Insert on and off, but when F lock is on, it prints the screen.

Try it out.

Wow thanks .. there is this wierd button next to ESC .. I never knew what it was .. I guess it was F lock ... What is the point on that key?

No problem.

The point is special commands like Help, Udo, Redo, New, Open, Close, etc are on the buttons (but none of them seem to work for me!).

No problem.

The point is special commands like Help, Udo, Redo, New, Open, Close, etc are on the buttons (but none of them seem to work for me!).

Oh ... well I just use CTRL + Key for everything like that .. well thanks again this has been bugging since October !

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.