Hi Again!

I need a little bit of help with this DDS Log as i'm trying to pinpoint the exact problem with it. Also some people say that spoolsv.exe is a virus, trojan and worm. Is this correct or is it false acquisition?

I've attached a file so people can look at it.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Some things say "NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted" or "LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation" does this mean the internet is not connecting?

No, they are basically just service categories, each instance of svchost.exe will be running 1 or more services. For example:

NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted
Commandline: C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted
Services:
    PolicyAgent IPsec Policy Agent          C:\Windows\System32\ipsecsvc.dll

LocalServiceNoNetwork
Commandline: C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork
Services:
    BFE         Base Filtering Engine       C:\Windows\system32\bfe.dll
    DPS         Diagnostic Policy Service   C:\Windows\system32\dps.dll
    MpsSvc      Windows Firewall            C:\Windows\system32\mpssvc.dll

spoolsv.exe is just the print spooler.

What problem does your computer have?
The DDS log shows nothing of concern.

It's not a problem with my PC it's from bleepingcomputer.com, because I'm in the Malware Study Hall and i'm about to start the next exercise.

In which case I'm thinking that the "provide evidence of having done some work yourself if posting questions from school or work assignments" rule applies here...

In that case, which program listed in the log is old and vulnerable to exploits?

I forgotten about that happygeek, so thanks for reminding me.

The actual log had no concerns you were right nullptr, but in the log I found what program that was outdated:

Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe

The new version is around 11 something, maybe a little higher up?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.