Hey I am using windows xp sp2. The problem is that sometimes my computer gives a blue screen error and I wrote down the error ... was PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
Error : 0x00000004E

I wonder what the problem should be? It occurs randomly from time to time .. I cant guess its time of occurance.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Thanks Catweazle but I cant find a way to check my hardware drivers compatibility ... and if its a bad ram error what should I do?

try this www.memtest86.com. I really haven't tried it, but it's a memory module diagnostic program.

Hey I am using windows xp sp2. The problem is that sometimes my computer gives a blue screen error and I wrote down the error ... was PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
Error : 0x00000004E

I wonder what the problem should be? It occurs randomly from time to time .. I cant guess its time of occurance.

When computer encountered a blue screen error and has been shutting itself down after saying 'System has recovered from a serious error' there are three reasons why this is happening.

Reasons:

1. This appears to be a hardware issue, caused perhaps by overheating or maybe faulty RAM.
2. The new installed hardware is failing because the necessary driver for that hardware might not be installed, or the driver might be incompatible or corrupted.
3. Virus and spyware problem.

Check the link on How to fix blue screen error.

BCCode: f7
BCP1: FFFFF88008D2B300
BCP2: 000020A3F6666E42
BCP3: FFFFDF5C099991BD
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

BSODS are annoying.
But I know the exact problem to this: BSOD PFN_LIST_CORRUPT 64-bit is a critical error in one of the Windows drivers or graphics driver I dont know what to do at this point but you might find it useful oh and have a merry christmas as well

I am also facing this type of error in Windows 8.1, Suddenly systems goes halt and blue screen appears.

try reverting to xp and see if prob still exists

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.