I have a series of stand alone business computers that are not allowed to be connected to the internet but yet I have to keep up with MS updates. Downloading the Microsoft monthly Security updates on ISO is helpful, but installing them on 7 PC's , one at a time is painful. I have to imagine there is a script that can be wrtten or perhaps a tool that is available pull from a local repository ( That I store the ISO or monthly updates in) . True?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

That tool here is a batch file. Almost every update has a commandline quietinstall option. So it should be easy to collect the updates on a stick and write a batch file to run each update.

As to the script it's batch 101 as in very easy so why would a tool be needed for that?

ISO wouldn't be my choice. My choice was a folder on the USB stick and the batch file I wrote for this month.

write a batch file which is helping in installing updatesthen download updates from windows. Run the batch file and your system will be updated. for more information about downloding updated click here.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.