Hi all,

I have quite a bit of memory in my computer & it's still never enough.

Someone recommended I get a memory manager software program.

What do you guys recommend?

Thanks

Michelle

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

Moving the thread to windows 2000/xp section.

giving that memory managemet would be software ,should have been move to software !!

Ok, so far no one is giving me any suggestions :( no matter where my thread is located.

giving that memory managemet would be software ,should have been move to software !!

Can you give me the URL where the thread is located since now I'm not being notified even if there are responses.

Thanks

Michelle

Ok, so far no one is giving me any suggestions :( no matter where my thread is located.

Sorry ,i dont use one really ,i have one in a tuneup utility i use ,it runs at the default setting ,just started using it so don't know if its any good .HERE
How much memory do you have on your computer ,what OS and what programs do you use that are having problems with not enough memory .

Can you give me the URL where the thread is located since now I'm not being notified even if there are responses.

Thanks

Michelle

it hasn't been move anywhere it still here .

Agreed ... now should I move the thread or leave it here ??

Oh geeze, LOL, when you guys figure out my threads home, pls. give me the URL :)

Thanks

Michelle

leave it here now ,what the hay !

try this.

- open regedit
- go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\- \SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\
- \Session Manager\Memory Management\Prefetch Parameters\
- double click EnablePrefetcher
- change Value data from 3 to 5.

this really helped alot of my computers, it improved system performance. you might also want to increase you virtual memory.

good luck.

How do I open regedit again?

Thanks

Michelle

try this.

- open regedit

this really helped alot of my computers, it improved system performance. you might also want to increase you virtual memory.

good luck.

Thanks a ton, I FINALLY did it.

Now how do I increase my virtual memory?

The bloody computer is even deleting fles from my computer :(

Have a great day!

Michelle

try this.

- open regedit

good luck.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.