ok I have another one here for everybody.

I just updated to sp3 and I noticed that cleanmgr.exe was removed from the computer and the button in the local disk properties dialog box for disk cleanup is missing also. I was able to get cleanmgr.exe back but I can't find out how to get the disk cleanup button back.

thanks to anyone who has a fix for this

nevermind I solved it

and how ,for others who find this post when searching the same problem

heres the link

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/600922-xp-home-disk-cleanup-exe.html

heres the text

disk cleanup missing from Properties
1. If you right-click a drive, select Properties, then select the Tools tab, you'll see buttons for backing up and defragmenting your disk. On the General tab, you'll also see a button labeled Disk Cleanup. By default, Win2K and later run the following programs for Disk Cleanup:
- Disk cleanup--C:\Windows\system32\cleanmgr.exe /D %c
2. Navigate to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Explorer\MyComputer
registry subkey. Under the subkey are three keys: BackupPath, cleanuppath, and DefragPath. Under each of these keys, the (Default) value specifies the program to be used. If any of the keys don't exist (by default, BackupPath doesn't exist in Win2K), go to the Edit menu; select New, Key; then enter the name of the missing key under the MyComputer subkey.
3. Double-click the (Default) value under the path you want to modify, change the value to reflect the program you want to use, (C:\Windows\system32\cleanmgr.exe /D %c) then click OK.
4. Close the registry editor.

thank you

sure, no problem

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.