ok I have multiple files with real long names everytime I try to delete them I can't it says the file name is to long. I can't rename the files either.
they are not in the temp internet folder either, they are in the temp folder
under temp internet folder not sure why I have these folders in different areas. I am running win 2000 pro. I tried to delete them in safe mode also and still cannot. any Ideas?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I have multiple files with real long names everytime I try to delete them I can't it says the file name is to long. I can't rename the files either. They are not in the temp internet folder either, they are in the temp folder under temp internet folder not sure why I have these folders in different areas. I am running win 2000 pro. I tried to delete them in safe mode also and still cannot.

There are several ways around this problem. The one that comes first to mind is to download an NTFS boot disk and use it to delete the whole directory from DOS, then re-create it as needed.

I tried that and dont know what option to pick after it boots from the floppy

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.