Is there any way to turn the powersaver off completely? I have animated screensavers that I cannot use because after 30 minutes the powersaver turns the screen black and I can hear the screensaver but not see it. In addition, the powersaver has a 60 minute option which I cannot select. I have a KDS Rad-5 15" monitor connected to a Dell PC running Windows XP.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Go to control panel and Power Options you should see a Power schemes drop down menu from which you should select always on or you could go beneath that and stop you monintor from turning off. What power scheme are you using now BTW?

Is there any way to turn the powersaver off completely? I have animated screensavers that I cannot use because after 30 minutes the powersaver turns the screen black and I can hear the screensaver but not see it. In addition, the powersaver has a 60 minute option which I cannot select. I have a KDS Rad-5 15" monitor connected to a Dell PC running Windows XP.

Check your BIOS, too. Some monitors turn off when they get no sync signal (synchronization), and that's partially controlled in the BIOS.

better suited in here :) unless were talking about the bios settings :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.