Hello.

Can you tell me how to disable Teams from starting up while windows starts up? Thank you

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Are you reporting the usual fixes fail you? I used your topic title for a Google search and I can't improve on the answers so far.

Maybe your PC is controlled by your IT group and they locked this PC down? Tell more.

I don't know much about Teams. We use it in our housing to arrange meetings.

Maybe this information can help..

desktop-d01c3e7c-a3c4-4f5c-8249-6d0620b7d08b
Error code -
There's a more permanent way to sign in to Microsoft Teams. If you're having trouble completing the process, talk to your IT admin.

Addition:

We're sorry—we've run into an issue.
Restart
If that doesn't work, try signing out and back in.

commented: This doesn't match your initial question. Are you having a sign in issue? +16

If nothing else has worked for you I suggest you download AutoRuns which is part of the free Sysinternals suite of tools. Fire it up and uncheck everything that references Teams.

Whether you use Teams or not, you can now disable the startup program easily—without actually signing into a Team. Locate the purple Microsoft Teams icon in your notification area or system tray. Right-click it and select Settings > Do Not Auto-Start Teams. You can then right-click the icon again and select “Quit.” You shouldn’t see Teams again until you choose to launch it yourself.

If you don’t see the icon, you may need to click the up arrow to the left of the icons on your taskbar to view additional icons. The icon will appear here as long as Microsoft Teams is running.

If that don’t work,

On Windows 10, you can also head to Settings > Apps > Startup. To quickly find this screen, open your Start menu, type “Startup” into its search box, and click the “Startup Apps” shortcut that appears.

Locate “Microsoft Teams” in the list of apps on the Startup pane. Click the switch to the right of it to turn it “Off.”

Disabling Teams start at boot from Windows 10's Settings app.

Windows also has startup program options in its Task Manager. It works the same way, and you can use either. Launch the Task Manager, click the “Startup” tab, locate “Microsoft Teams” in the list, and click “Disable.”

To open the Task Manager, right-click the Windows taskbar and select “Task Manager.” You can also press Ctrl+Shift+Esc.

Stopping Microsoft Teams from automatically starting in the Task Manager.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.