like when press window + shift + s together and capture a screenshot. Then a window is suppose to show up on the right. But it's no longer there? How do you fix it?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

This may be version dependent. For me on Windows 10 (current version) the function works but the small window appears top-center of the screen. However I have heard reports that this feature fails on Window PCs that have more than one monitor. As such I suggest you use better screen shot apps. I'd try Greenshot from Ninite at https://ninite.com/greenshot/ so it's a clean install without add ons like toolbars or something else you didn't want.

The Greenshot Wikipedia page writes: Is Greenshot legit?
Greenshot is a free and open-source screenshot program for Microsoft Windows. It is developed by Thomas Braun, Jens Klingen and Robin Krom and is published under GNU General Public License, hosted by GitHub. Greenshot is also available for macOS, but as proprietary software through the App Store.

You can try the following as well:

Click Start -> Settings to enter into Windows Settings screen.
Click Apps -> Apps & features.
Click Snip & Sketch in the right window and click Advanced Options link.
Click Reset button in the pop-up Snip & Sketch window to reset this Windows 10 screen capture tool.

This is a problem faced by many windows users; however, if the direct screenshot feature is not functioning properly, there’s an alternative that you can try instead. Windows 10 provides a free tool for screenshots known as the Snipping Tool. To access this feature, you simply need to click on the start button and search snip in the search bar, and the icon of the snipping tool will appear. Next, open that app and click on the new button. Finally, you can take the screenshot and edit it within the same app. The best part about using this app is that you are provided with the liberty to take a screenshot of only the required portion of the current screen. Hope that helps!

Using the left-side pane, switch to the Notifications and actions tab. Scroll down until you see the Get notifications from apps and other senders option. Make sure that it is toggled On. Scroll further down to the list of applications on your system, and make sure that notifications for Snip & Sketch are toggled On.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.