"This version of Windows requires a video card that supports DirectX 9.0 or newer."
Seeing as how I don't want to go thru the hassle of replacing the video card at this time, could someone please help me here. I would like to revert back to the older version of 8.2 if possible.

thanks Harold

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

it would seem that you may have to run the programs under the xp or vista compatibility mode to enable the drivers for the video card to work.
M

From memory, DirectX 8 can be installed for those apps which still require it, but Windows 7 itself (as well as contemporary applications) require a minimum of DirectX 9 or higher. Aero for example with require the more recent builds. You may however have to use Compatibility options to get around certain issues.

As DirectX support is hardware-supported, you will need to update your vid card as a more permanent solution. If money is an issue, you can look at cards a year or two old, so long as DirextX 9 (or better, 10) is supported.

hello kaninelupus,
I appreciate your input as well, and I will consider this as the 'final words about this issue.'
I will stop 'pinching my pennies' and do a few things to my 'componet's tower which should have been done a while back as was.' Sighhh.
Thanks to you both for your help... may your instruments stay stay clean and trustworthy.

Peace & Light,

~Harold~

Yes I also face this problem. Pls tell me also Solution of this problem.

Yes I also face this problem. Pls tell me also Solution of this problem.

Refer to post 2, 3 & 4. The conclusion is up date video card or run card drivers in compatibility mode for previous Windows OS that the card worked in. In the future start your own thread it will get answered quicker. Later---

Refer to post 2, 3 & 4. The conclusion is up date video card or run card drivers in compatibility mode for previous Windows OS that the card worked in. In the future start your own thread it will get answered quicker. Later---

they only posted to show the links in there signature

You're right cap i didn't see it earlier. Later---

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.