abbasakhtar 0 Newbie Poster

ive recently upgraded my pc, to a p4 motherboard p4 cpu p4 case and 256mb graphics card,

but now windows xp does not show, it jus shos a blue screen with some riting on it then it restarts,

iv had to reinstalled windows on C:\WinXP without removing any files, but i need to get access to my original C:\Windows\ both dir's have xp installed, btu i cant access my documents on my C:\Windows\ because its restricted, and i dont no ghow to login to get those files,

also i dont hav a floppy drive to use some boot disk to copy the files whilst the ntfs partition is not being used

any suggestions? on how i can get my documents and move all my files to my new WinXP ? all my settings to ? or can i copy some driver files to C:\Windows\ and will it work again ?

also my dma options for my 2 hard drives are gone or i think it was my 2 cd drives, how can i make the options available again ?

and why won't any disk be recognized in my cdrw ?

my previous system wus p3 1ghz 256 mbram

my new sys is p4 2.4ghz 512mb ddr ram,

both hav winxp, how can i fix this stupid problem,

also why is my cdrw not being recognized properly, if i put a cd in, it doesn't recognize any disk, but in my computer i can add files into the cd drive for writing,

and my dma options have dissapeared :-( how can i get them back, because they were in the previous install of xp

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.