Hullo everybody, I hope that I am in the right place.

Lately I have developed a problem on my PC. I run Win XP with SP2. It is a genuine Intel 3.2.

The problem is that I log in and am doing stuff n Internet and a box pops up and tells me that "Generic Host Process for Win32 Services encountered a problem and needed to close" and the programme that is causing the trouble is svchost.exe

I ignore this and then another little box appears giving offsets and just numbers. Eventually the modem freezes and I have to dial in again.

When it first appeared, my uncle who is a techie, reformatted the PC and re-installed Windows and SP2. This did not help. Then I swapped out the modem for another one, I even stole the graphics card from my bros pc just to eliminate things, but the problem is still there. I even switched the anti-virus programme.

Does anyone have a solution? If so my email is <snipped> and I would be so grateful if this could be fixed cos it's driving me crazy.

Thanks in advance

Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by jonny_tech_brat

try installing service pack3. it worked for me

Votes + Comments
If you've got nothing better to do than bump years old threads with the same pithy one liner, then go away
This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.