I have posted one message and did not ask for immediate help. I am extremely frustratd and would like to resolve my problem. The shop that installed my computer with XP Pro is no longer cooperating with me. I believe this is due to a pirated version being installed on my computer. I copied and pasted my other posting so you have an idea of what I am dealing with. Please help me!
BarbaraM

810833: Security Update (Windows XP) - first error message

2nd Error Message
Details
Product: Windows Operating System
ID: 7034
Source: Service Control Manager
Version: 5.2
Symbolic Name: EVENT_SERVICE_CRASH_NO_ACTION
Message: The %1 service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this %2 time(s).

Explanation
The specified service could not continue. This service is configured to report the number of failures and, after a specific number of failures are reported, the Service Control Manager will perform the recovery action configured for the specified service.
User Action
For information that can help you identify possible causes for this error, view the WIN32_EXIT_CODE error that SCM encountered. To view the error, at the command prompt, type
sc query service name
Currently there are no Microsoft Knowledge Base articles available for this specific error or event message. For information about other support options you can use to find answers online, see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx.

3rd message states that my Cryptographoc Service is not running. I have checked it multiple times and it says it is on.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Do you know this is a pirated version or just suspect it? Has it been activated yet? If it has, it should be legit. If it hasn't, that should be your first step -- if it is pirated, they'll let you know. Here is a list of phone numbers to call to activate:
http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/resources/vol/numbers.mspx

another way to tell alithought not 100%, Did they charge you full price for winxp or give you a discount , they didnt give you a CD .most don't have the nerve to charge full price !for the Devil>
also go to windows updates to get the latest critical updates ,unless they changed the key # it shouldn't work ,if it does work get all gritical updates.

For information that can help you identify possible causes for this error, view the WIN32_EXIT_CODE error that SCM encountered. To view the error, at the command prompt, type
sc query service name

Also did you try to check this part of the error message

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.