With each system it seems to change. I need to locate where (what folders) Outlook Express stores the email information? I'm trying to bring some files in from 98SE and I can't seem to find a good place to put them so they'll show up in Express.
Thanks, BuddyB

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Buddyb - It is actually pretty easy task you are asking. Open Outlook Express (in whatever user login you are using in windows) and click on Options-->Maintenance Tab --> Store Folder button and it will give you the path to where you email is stored. You can change it if you want to as well.

Hope this helps!

Thanks. I did locate where the emails were. I then tried to move emails that I had moved over from another hard drive, one that crashed, and they would not open in OE. I'm obviously doing something wrong. Any ideas?
Thanks, BuddyB

http://www.abf-soft.com/outlook-backup.shtml

There is a free backup program I think this was it but, I am not sure I know there is a free program that backups all data from Outlook 2000+ and Outlook Express.

Hey Mad,
Thanks for that. I will give it a shot.
BuddyB

I will have to look for the free tool that is the bomb I had it before just read about in PC World but, forgot the name I left the mag at work. I will keep you informed.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.