When i click on Add/remove windows compenents on control panel i get the error: sysocmgr.exe error - application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005)
ive tried replacing the sysocmgr.exe but no luck. any ideas??

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Did this program perhaps just start happening after you recently installed or uninstalled software? Go into the Control Panel then to Administrative Tools and then to Event Viewer. Is any more detailed information related to this error?

The only information I seem to find related to this error is http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;222444

I think I'm stumped but I'll let you know if I do find anything.

No it happened after my cable modem crashed & made my pc come to a halt so i had to press the reset button to reboot the pc & windows xp auto started some consistency check thing & started to fix some files for some odd reason, then it re-booted & xp started up & thats when it happened, infact the error came up on another installed program aswell but i just re-installed it & it was ok, & its happening when i click on add/remove windows components & also when i insert the XP cd & i click on Install Optional WIndows Components. Any solution would be appreciated, i really dont want to re-install XP. There is no info in event viewer.

No it happened after my cable modem crashed & made my pc come to a halt so i had to press the reset button to reboot the pc & windows xp auto started some consistency check thing & started to fix some files for some odd reason, then it re-booted & xp started up & thats when it happened, infact the error came up on another installed program aswell but i just re-installed it & it was ok, & its happening when i click on add/remove windows components & also when i insert the XP cd & i click on Install Optional WIndows Components. Any solution would be appreciated, i really dont want to re-install XP. There is no info in event viewer.

Have you checked for viruses, spyware, or Trojans? This error seems a little suspect to me. One attack vector is to block a user from uninstalling what might be a virus or Trojan.

Which firewall are you running? Which anti-virus? Which adware/spyware scanner? Are they up-to-date? If you run Outlook or Outlook Express, have you looked in your sent-mail folder lately?

Yea im all clear just before the problem started i formatted the hd & done a clean install, im using adaware pro & norton 2004, blackice protection, im all up to date. Theres no virus or trojan etc.. No sent items in outlook either, i dont know what else could have caused this prob.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.