J Matcham 0 Newbie Poster

Desktop shortcuts and links are failing (flash on for a moment then off) also in emails. Links to programmes are OK.
System restore won’t work. Tried several times.
Absolutely clear Norton scan and have Stopzilla pop up and spyware stuff.
Have been through merry hell to register on this site! Links are so important.
I suspect that two very recent program updates may have caused this.
Skype and Stopzilla. Quite possibly I should have turned Norton off??? I never think of that as a program to be turned off…most things seem to download without any fuss…maybe I wasn’t paying attention to instructions.
I saw some-one else with a similar but not identical problem on this site and made some notes (without links very difficult to find it again!).
I have tried turning Stopzilla off…makes no difference.
The only other coincidence is that a friend used her memory stick on my computer to send an email. But both her computer and mine scan total innocence!
On your advice (or some-oneon your site) it said try using no add-ons mode…but then surely shortcuts/links are add-ons?
Anyway…would be very grateful for advice.
I guess I could simply uninstall both. I guess having done that you can’t reinstall without going back to the source (bit of a drag). What does anyone think?
THANKS Julia

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.