:mad: Okay, MY system was working fine up until about 4 days ago. I shut her down before heading to work just for a random shut down. And when I got home and powered it up I got a blue screen on boot up and then it took me to a bootup menu. After unsuccessfully restarting normally 2 or 3 times; I booted up in safe mode to look around. All setting seemed normal, and I did a malicious ware scan and nothing other than cookies. So I did a system resotre and that fixed the problem. So I restart it for the first time since tonite and the same crap happens again and I have to do another system restore and it's fixed again. So basically, I have to do a system restore in safe mode every time I restart the machine. Obviously this isn't normal. Any suggestions?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Hi, sounds nasty

Start your PC, press F8 lots at the 1st Windows Splash Screen, choose "Last know good configuration".

or

Windows Repair

GL - Dave

last known good config doesn't work. What do u mean windows repair?

Soooooo, noone here has ever seen this problem before? Do I need to reformat?

Don't bump your thread.

What do u mean windows repair?

Have you even tried research? If so, you'd find this website among the top 3 of Google.

commented: Stick it to em, nice one, (and for other threads) MartyMcFly +3

Don't bump your thread.

Have you even tried research? If so, you'd find this website among the top 3 of Google.

Like in life it self,most computer users need/want to be taken by the hand .lol

caperjack, you've hit the nail on the head. ;)

O so, because I'm not a pro and don't have the time to research every thread posted regarding IT matters that makes me lazy? WTf is your problem? I'm a full time student and work full time to pay my bills. I don't make the nice paycheck alot of u do yet and until I do I won't have a cozy office to kill alot of time on Google when security is stable and up to date on the network/s.

Telling me to not bump my thread was fine, but replying with unneccasary insults displayed a great posture by the folks who populate these forums, good job dickwads ;) & BTW, I fixed the problem without devoting my life to search engines.

If your egos are to far ahead of you to answer novice questions with insightful answers then why even have a forums board? Just designate the site as an IT search engine; would save you smart guys alot of panties.

O and Stein, you really use firefox? LMAO, you're probably an AOL customer too right? hehe

*sigh*

I'm a full time student and work full time to pay my bills.

As do I.

I don't make the nice paycheck alot of u do yet and until I do I won't have a cozy office to kill alot of time on Google when security is stable and up to date on the network/s.

What might suprise you actually is that most of us are amatuers, who don't get paid for anything we do computer-wise.

I fixed the problem

This is good to hear.

& BTW, I fixed the problem without devoting my life to search engines.

While you may have problems with them, I see no reason to avoid them. They're there for the benefit of the user.

O and Stein, you really use firefox?

Sure do.

One of the main problems I have with people who don't do any research whatsoever is that many are too lazy to find even basic knowledge online. As caperjack said, they want to be completely taken by the hand. Also, many don't care to learn.

As this thread has been solved, and also has reverted to name calling, I will be closing it.

Thanks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.