my question is how can I revoke a terminal server license from someone who already has one because they're using win2000? i have a co-worker who is trying to access the terminal server via his machine at home(running winME) and his license has expired. i have numerous co-workers who have terminal server licenses but also have win2000 which has a terminal server license by default. how can i revoke one of those licenses and give it to the person with winME? any help would be appreciated. thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Uh, you can't since it's inherent to the OS.

You'd have to buy a CAL for T.S. to legally enable him to connect using WinME.

The reason I ask is because I know win2000 has an automatic license embeded in the OS, yet one person with a win2000 machine was given another license, so there in fact that person has 2 licenses, one embeded, and one we gave him. Is there possibly a registry hack that can delete the license that was given to him so we can give that to the guy with ME? or is that still not possible? thanks for the help.

The reason I ask is because I know win2000 has an automatic license embeded in the OS, yet one person with a win2000 machine was given another license, so there in fact that person has 2 licenses, one embeded, and one we gave him. Is there possibly a registry hack that can delete the license that was given to him so we can give that to the guy with ME? or is that still not possible? thanks for the help.

Use License Manager to do that.

i've looked in license manager to see what options it gives me to revoke a license and the only thing i can find is "deactivate server". that i do not want to do because that will revoke all licenses, not just one.

thanks for your help guys, i just ordered more licenses and they work. :cheesy:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.