Hello,

Every time I open up my Internet Explorer, and type in the address of the site I want to visit, when it gets to that site, it opens up the way it was the last time I got there. It used to be when I visited a site, the explorer would automatically refresh it, so I'd be viewing new forums/threads/news. Now I have to manually click refresh everywhere I go to see what's new.

I admit this isn't a big problem, all I have to do is manually click refresh, but I was just wondering what was causing this problem and how to correct it.

Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

How is your page caching set up in your Internet Options control panel? The settings are under the "settings" button of the Temporary Internet Files section of the General tab of the control panel. In the "check for new versions of stored pages" options, force it to "every visit to page" and see what happens.

How is your page caching set up in your Internet Options control panel? The settings are under the "settings" button of the Temporary Internet Files section of the General tab of the control panel. In the "check for new versions of stored pages" options, force it to "every visit to page" and see what happens.

Thanks DMR, I think that did it! It was set to "never". How did it get changed to never? I know 100% that I didn't do it :cry:

Glad I could be of help. :)

As to why it changed I can't say for sure. Sometimes preferences settings can get forgotten or altered if the systems hiccups or crashes. There's also the possibility that you got some unwelcome "nastyware" in your system which has twiddled with your Internet settings...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.