Recently everytime I open the IE it takes 10-20 secs to open, before the problem apear it opened in a sec, what can I do to fix it?

Contributors
Replies
Views
14 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Scorch

could be spyware. try Lavasoft's Ad-Aware.

Tried it just now, and it didn't work.

Do other Internet applications open right away? Try changing your homepage??

Yes othre internet apps open right away and i also tried to change my homepage and non work. something causing it because it worked pretty fast before, also I have P4 1.4 GHz 256 RAM.

Do you have a lot of add-in toolbars, like Alexia, Google, etc? Do you use popup blocking software? I find that a combination of all of these, especially popup blocking software dramaticly slowes down the IE launch.

Do you have a lot of add-in toolbars, like Alexia, Google, etc? Do you use popup blocking software? I find that a combination of all of these, especially popup blocking software dramaticly slowes down the IE launch.

No I don't have those stuff I have moved all my add ons and still it's slow.

Try, maybe deleting all "HISTORY" files.. Along with the TEMP and Temporary files. Also, set your start-up homepage to blank.. See if that works. *SHRUG*

Try, maybe deleting all "HISTORY" files.. Along with the TEMP and Temporary files. Also, set your start-up homepage to blank.. See if that works. *SHRUG*

ROFL..

Now seriously I already tried that didn't work.. it seems like its a real bugger.

For my IE, i put my homepage as about:blank without that space after about. It loads much faster this way.

Problem solved!

I had problems with my HD till he died last week after i replaced it the IE is fast as it was.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.