in my winxp-pro 2 admin accounts one works perfect but the other have a problem . which is that it opens sites that only writen in the address bar and can't open any link in the page (i can open yahoo but can't access any lnk in the page). this problem doesn't exist in the other account. i've tried reinstalling ie6 but no change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Well, why not delete the bad account, and re-add it?

in my winxp-pro 2 admin accounts one works perfect but the other have a problem . which is that it opens sites that only writen in the address bar and can't open any link in the page (i can open yahoo but can't access any lnk in the page). this problem doesn't exist in the other account. i've tried reinstalling ie6 but no change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:) Hi, had exactly the same problem. I have 5 accounts in XP Pro, my Admin account and 4 Ltd accounts. In my Admin. account and another Ltd account, everything works just fine. In the other 3 Ltd accounts, I couldn't search with Google/ MSN/ Yahoo, links don"t work, and I couldn't send email or open the inbox, but if I use the address bar instead, everything works just fine. I can't figure out why my fix works, but it does!......weird......windows update bug,maybe?

HERE'S HOW I FIXED IT:

(Do this in all the XP accounts that have this problem)

In IE6, go to Tools/ Internet Options/ Advanced/ under Browsing,
uncheck "Enable third-party browser extensions"/ Apply/ Ok/ Exit IE6/ then
Restart IE6.

(make sure you restart your IE6 browser or the fix won't take effect)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.