Windows XP Home SP1

I have 2 log in accounts. On one of them note pad, calculator, windows explorer etc have all gone along with everything in accessibility, communication, system tools etc. In the other log in account, notepad, calculator, explorer etc are still there but accessibility, communication, system tools etc is empty. I tried a restore but no success.

How do I search for these programs as search only mentions files, folders etc.

I can't remember making any major changes over the last few months.

Thanks in advance

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Try making a new user profile, and seeing if they're all there in that account. If they show up, you've got user profile corruption. Let us know how that goes, and we may be able to give you more information afterwards.

Try making a new user profile, and seeing if they're all there in that account. If they show up, you've got user profile corruption. Let us know how that goes, and we may be able to give you more information afterwards.

Thanks for your suggestion - when I made a new user profile, opening accessories showed that the accessibility menu was OK but nothing in communications, interactive training, system tools or entertainment. Calculator, wordpad, explorer etc were present.

The exe for those programs will be found in the C:\windows folder .
I don't know why they are not sowing in Accessories.

This might help ,with the winxp cd in the cdrom ,go to start/run and type in,
SFC /SCANNOW , not the space between SFC and the /

What about a system restore back to before the problem started !

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.