I have a IBM Thinkpad 365X Laptop o/s win.98

PLEASE EXCUSE TYPOS:

"Can not find the device file that may be need to run windows or a windows application. The windows registry or system .ini file refers to this device file but the device file no longer exsist. If you deleted this file on purpose try uninstalling the associated application using it's uninstall or setup program. If you still want to use the application associated with this device file try reinstallingl the application to replace file.
vserver.vxd"

It's not easy for a novice & every day there is some new problem.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

first check you Startup folder, in START/ Programs, and remove any icons releated to programs you may have reciently Dlelete/uninstalled improperly ,check this and reply back .

first check you Startup folder, in START/ Programs, and remove any icons releated to programs you may have reciently Dlelete/uninstalled improperly ,check this and reply back .

I gotta stop speed reading .that vserver.vxd didn't even register in my pea brain when i read the post ! :o

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.