Hello.I'm having a problem running a game from winxp pro.My graphics card is a 32mb riva tnt 2 and hard disk is 32 gigabyte.The game is Archangel and the setup finishes very well.When I click on the desktop menu or from program files menu , first the screen goes black as if loading but then comes back again with 480 into 600 pixels whereas my default is 600 into 800 and an error message with an exclamation mark says , " No hardware acceleration.Please close all unnecessary programs and then restart the editor." I closed all the web applications and disabled my broadband but even then ,it's showing the same error message . There's no problem with the compact disc.
After clicking ok for that message,another message popped up and that said something like " the memory location at 0 into 000000 couldn't be read."
Then a microsoft error report comes up asking me either to report the error or debug.I debugged with my vsc++6 and it was like this:
Loaded 'C:\Program Files\JoWooD\Archangel\bin\game.exe', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\user32.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\gdi32.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\advapi32.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\rpcrt4.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\ole32.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\Program Files\JoWooD\Archangel\bin\renderer.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\opengl32.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcrt.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\glu32.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\ddraw.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\dciman32.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcp60.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\comdlg32.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\shlwapi.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\comctl32.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\shell32.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\ws2_32.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\ws2help.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\Program Files\JoWooD\Archangel\bin\ijl10.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\version.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\dinput.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\winmm.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\dsound.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\imm32.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\lpk.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\usp10.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.0.0_x-ww_1382d70a\comctl32.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\uxtheme.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\secur32.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\apphelp.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
The thread 0x318 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 0x48C has exited with code -1073741819 (0xC0000005).
The thread 0xB78 has exited with code -1073741819 (0xC0000005).
The thread 0xADC has exited with code -1073741819 (0xC0000005).
The thread 0xF9C has exited with code -1073741819 (0xC0000005).
The program 'C:\Program Files\JoWooD\Archangel\bin\game.exe' has exited with code -1073741819 (0xC0000005).

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Yeah, I'd say drivers. That card was a spectacular piece of hardware a few years ago, but it's definitely not Dx9 compatible, let along 8, maybe even 7. That was going to be my guess. heh

I would like to agree with you Feigned but unfortunately,it seemed that I had been able to install a recent rpg game which needed directx9.o.The only problem I'm having after instaling the game is that I can't hear any sound because no hardware has been detected.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.