i have searched forum after forum looking for a solution to get my sound to work.where sound is to come out i get the standard beep.ive checked my sounds and my "microsoft kernel DLS sythesizer" is corrupt or missing. i recently restored my computer (which is when the problem first began) and ive found no way to get it to work, my service status is set to start along with start up type to automatic. if you know of any way to fix it or download a new sythesizer it would help alot. im using a Gateway computer if that matters any???

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

if your windows system files are corrupted or missing try going into run and typing sfc/scannow . You will need your XP install cd.

I just finished restoring my computer and from the looks of things everything is running fine, im in the middle of downloading a game to make sure things are running well.but thanks for the tip:) i may still need them

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.