Hi,

I recently bought a used Compaq Presario 1200-xl 106 notebook, and it originally had Windows 98 installed as the operating system. My desktop computer is also a Compaq Presario, and it came with 3 discs to install Windows Me. I attempted to use these discs to intall Me onto the notebook. The notebook now runs very slow, and the graphics are terrible. It looks like it is working in safemode. It isn't in safe mode. I need something better than 16bit color, because the main reason I need the notebook is for graphic design when I am away from my desk.

I attempted to "Add New Hardware". I searched, but it didn't find the Trident CyberBlade 3D Graphics. It wasn't listed on the manual search either.

I also tried manually installing the 12.1 inch HPA Display. This did not work either.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

The trident drivers muct be downloaded and installed from Tridents site.

and by the way, if the cds came with your desktop (oem version) then it is ILLEGAL to install them on the laptop so you had better stop it.

and by the way, if the cds came with your desktop (oem version) then it is ILLEGAL to install them on the laptop so you had better stop it.

I didn't know that... I never read those disclamers beyond the first two lines.

Time to save up for about four weeks to substitute grocery funds to buy an outdated version of Windows... I'm so tired of eating ramen and centrum. It will help in the long run.

Thanks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.