I'm running IE 7 on WinXP Pro SP 2. Since a couple of weeks ago my IE crashes everytime I'm trying to close a page or upload a file or picture. I downloaded the newest version of IE 7 from Microsoft and re-installed it a couple of times but it doesn't help. I also ran the recovery console from my Win install cd but that didn't help either. What can possibly be wrong and how can I fix it?

Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by caperjack

Hi Marcoolio.
I have been hearing alot about this and i have had it happen to me to. I swicthed to Safari which was released by Apple to Windows users ealier this month. Its alot more stable and very easy to use. But to help with your problem, I would Download all your windows updates because alot of bug fixes and security updates have been released for IE-7. I would also make sure that your virus program and spyware programs are fully updated.
When IE crashes dose it give you a Error message or anything? If it dose could you send it to me it would help alot.

If this dose not help please let me know?
TJ

Hi TJ

When IE crashes this message comes on:

Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

AppName: iexplore.exe AppVer: 7.0.5730.11 ModName: toolband.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 0000f0a2

As far as I know my Windows applications and anti virus software are updated to the latest and this version of IE I just downloaded from Microsoft's website so I guess that's the most current one.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.