I don't know a lot about computers, but I want to learn. Any basic knowledge or links you want to give me would be nice. I've read some of the tutorials, like the basics of algorithms, but I don't know how to use that kind of information. The same is true with the code snippets. I don't know where to input the codes. I have Windows Vista, so if anyone feels like giving me any helpful links or telling me any helpful information, just let me know.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

There are many different languages to write programs in, some easier than others.

Under the code snippets section there are cateegories for many different computer programming languages. some examples of languages are c/c++ and java.

Code snippets are helpful chunks of computer instructions and you can paste them into a program development environment (Or "IDE") for use in your own programs.

The full code is then "compiled" into programs which you can run on your pc. In my opinion programming is a great way to get into computers and a tutorial for a simple language such as "visual basic" can have a beginner making rudimentary programs in under an hour. If you are interested just send me a personal message.

Thanks for your help getting me started.

I don't want to sound like i'm pimping links, but one organization (other than here) that i work with is:
http://www.bsodtv.org
Also, a general 'curiosity' is usually all you need to start learning about computers.

I love playing on vista, and I put out a tutorial on how to hack your Aero UI to be any colors you want too:
http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread67357.html

One other general tip: google = best friend.
the only problem with google is that sometimes it's hard to get an answer you want if you don't know what to ask for.

commented: helpful information +1

Yeah, google's great. I got started with visual basic and I'm starting to get the hang of it. I'll go check out those links.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.