Hi after a recent virus I ran a clean install on a computer I'm working on for a friend. I get it running beautifully SP2 fully working, AVG antivirus and Spyware running smoothly, etc. I defrag and close and within 24 hours I get a similar problem. It's not a virus it must have something to do with settings. Everytime it crashes i get the F8 (saviour) screen all selections start but freeze before they're fully loaded I get as far as the black loader screen with the blue bar then nothing but a black screen with a mouse arrow inside. I just need to know how to get past this to change the settings. Any help?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Can you get it fully working in safe mode? If so change the settings you are after when you are in Safe Mode.

Yes, try safe mode. It sounds like a problem with video card drivers.. Do you get any error messages, beeps, or blue screens of death?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.