Member Avatar for kiamzattu

Hi Every1

My system is config is Windows XP with AMD Athlon (1Ghz) and 512 MB RAM...
My CPU usage is always 100 %.. I found out that the process SVC HOST Network Services is the cause of it.There are around 2 SVC HOST Network Services Process and a number of other SVC HOST processes.Some suggested me to disable automatic windows update. I did it but that didn't help. Now when i end this process Some other process like Taskmanager, CSRSS.exe take my CPU usage back to 100%... Hence my CPU usage is always 100%..I Scanned my system its clean... Any Suggestions ?????

Regards
Anand

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Hi,

I suggest you unplug from internet and see if useage goes down. If it does then there is something communicating with internet.

Then check for viruses and spyware, whilst off line and remove any you find.

If that does not fix it then run msconfig to see what is loading at startup. Remove ticks from boxes for anything you don't recgonise.

Then reboot and let us know current position.

i had a problem like that ......... when i was trying a new Ethernet card it was a problem with the card i guess cuz when i unplug it everything comes back normal
:|

>Remove ticks from boxes for anything you don't recgonise.

Be careful though, something you don't recognise might be vital!

>Remove ticks from boxes for anything you don't recgonise.

Be careful though, something you don't recognise might be vital!

True but you put ticks back on if something does not work.

Not if you take out the thing that boots the machine. :)

Not if you take out the thing that boots the machine. :)

You can't because the ticks are for things which start after boot up

ooooo ok.

Member Avatar for kiamzattu

Hi

I unplugged from the internet,ran an anti-spyware scan and even removed some malwares but still my CPU usage is 100%... I even unchecked unknown start-up items but in vain..... Any other suggestions?

regards
Anand

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.