Can anyone give me any idea what i can do as my outlook express is not working. I click on the desktop icon and it starts to load then all of a sudden it will freeze and i will have to reboot my pc. I do have MSN Messenger which i use as got lots of contacts.

Any help will be great. I am a new person to all this and this site.

Thanks
StuartUK

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Member Avatar for thunderstorm98

You need to re-install and re-configure the POP settings. Re- install from add/remove windows components located in add/remove programs in control panel.

Some good steps to follow:

Step 1: To start with first disable all thirdparty antivirus and firewalls.

Step 2: Now Try running Outlook in Safe mode.

1. Choose Start menu -> Run

2. Type "Outlook.exe /safe" and click OK. (Without quotation marks but there is a space in front of "/")

If the problem persists in Outlook Safe Mode, Please try next step.

Step 3: Create a new profile

===========================================================
Please create a new profile to see if the problem is caused by the corrupt profile

1. Close Outlook.

2. Click Start, and click Control Panel. Click Mail icon.

3. Click Show Profiles.

4. In the "When starting Microsoft Office Outlook, use this profile:" area, please select "Prompt for a profile to be used"

5. Click Add and type the new profile name as you like in the Profile name box.

Note: Please don't choose the same name of your original profile.

6. Choose "Add a new e-mail account" and click Next.

7. Choose your email type and type the necessary information. (You can gain information of the email account from the ISP)

8. Click Next and click Finish.

9. Reopen Outlook. Choose the new profile in the profile list and click OK.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.