How do i get rid of outlook express 6 and use another for defaut please help

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

i cant use it its worthless to me

sorry for the bad post

go to the control panel and then internet option the click the tad that says programs. set the default mail program there this is only valid if you have another email program installed like windows live mail, Thunderbird, Microsoft outlook or any third party email program.

..and while in control panel go to windows components and uncheck OE to remove it from your Start pgm list [it does not uninstall it...].
Bobby means you gotta have an email client pgm similar to OE... you can't use a web page emailer like say, Yahoo, as a default. Being a M$ product though, M$ makes an exception for Hotmail...
You can also make the choice via CP, Set Pgm Access & Defaults - it detects email clients available on your sys, like say, Opera, if you use that browser.

..and while in control panel go to windows components and uncheck OE to remove it from your Start pgm list [it does not uninstall it...].
Bobby means you gotta have an email client pgm similar to OE... you can't use a web page emailer like say, Yahoo, as a default. Being a M$ product though, M$ makes an exception for Hotmail...
You can also make the choice via CP, Set Pgm Access & Defaults - it detects email clients available on your sys, like say, Opera, if you use that browser.

ok thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.