Everything working fine, including all links, EXCEPT email links in Outlook Express on my Desktop PC running MS 2000 professional edition. When I click on any link in a received email, the URL of the link appears above the systray line, but the computer does not go to that address. When I move the cursor from the link, the URL disappears and the normal status line reappears. Put the cursor back on the link, and the URL reappears, but nothing else happens-tthe link does not work.
WEIRD: When I use Outlook Express from my laptop, connected to the the SAME ISP via home LAN, the SAME EMAIL MESSAGE LINKS WORK PERFECTLY! Laptop runs Win XP Home.
WEIRDER: Today, after I was doing other things not in any way connected with links, I tried them again and THEY WORKED NORMALLY. I thought the problem had gone away. Ten minutes later, the links AGAIN FAILED to work. Six hours later LINKS BECAME NORMAL AGAIN, and again after ten minutes they failed. They have not worked since.
I know about bugs, but this seems more like Gremlins.