I'm using Internet Explorer 5.1.4 (4231) for Mac, OS9.1, G4, and despite having cleared the web memory cache via Edit / Preferences / Web Browser / Advanced / Clear, several times over several days, the images displayed on my screen are still the old ones. I have also used the Refresh facilty and restarted the computer many times. Colleagues can see the new images on their computers. Is there anything else I can do clear the cache?
Many thanks,

Reg

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I'm using Internet Explorer 5.1.4 (4231) for Mac, OS9.1, G4, and despite having cleared the web memory cache via Edit / Preferences / Web Browser / Advanced / Clear, several times over several days, the images displayed on my screen are still the old ones. I have also used the Refresh facilty and restarted the computer many times. Colleagues can see the new images on their computers. Is there anything else I can do clear the cache?
Many thanks,

Reg

I have my ie set to empty the temp internet file on exit ,this may help you ,
In IE ,go to ,tools /internet options /advnced /scroll down to security and check off empty temp internet folder when browser is closed .!!

I have my ie set to empty the temp internet file on exit ,this may help you ,
In IE ,go to ,tools /internet options /advnced /scroll down to security and check off empty temp internet folder when browser is closed .!!

Thanks but there's no route through Tools in IE 5.1.4 on a Mac that takes me to "check off empty internet folder when browser is cosed". All I can find is via the route I descibe above which takes me to Cache and there I find Update Pages: where I have checked off Always. The problem remains.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.