Hello
I d like to ask for an alternative to winamp ..i am looking for an mp3 player with a band EQ (not presets like in jetaudio) but that wont crash when using a large media library (around 20 giga) like winamp does...i like the looks of jetaudio and its toolbar form but id prefer to have an EQ integrated in the mp3 player...
please note that i am looking for a sound player (only sound files) and not general media player like vlc player or so...
i am using windows xp with a service pack 2

thank you

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

I've about 50 gigs of music, and winamp never crashed...

well that doesnt really answer my question but ok

Xion
Foobar2000
VLC

All great and free, VLC is great as i am yet to find a codec it cant play on a default install :D

Xion is great because it is easy to customise and skin, it reads skins right out of a .psd file using the different layers for different parts :P

iTunes if you really want it, i personally don't but it is there, you could try Windows Media Player 11, it can play all different types of media but it's main purpose is for music.

If you choose iTunes remove it from startup, It can cause major lag

Why not media player 11?

I hve over 80gb of music in it

yes i actually ended up to windows media player...works fine so far

Verision 11 is the best

Yes Version 11 is the most current and in my view the best WMP that i have experienced.

Yes, it is very good indeed

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.