Hi all!

My internet's gone really strange; I can access all other pages except anything that has a login page. Please help! Any replies are appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

sounds like a problem with a popup stopper program ,maybe
do you get to the login page !!

Hey and thanks for replying.

I can get into login page for hotmail (but can't login), can't get into any other email pages.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Hey and thanks for replying.

I can get into login page for hotmail (but can't login), can't get into any other email pages.

Try downloading another browser, such as firefox and see if the same problem still occurs.

Questions regarding secure logins are pretty popular here (and on Google as well). There are different causes for the symptom(s), and therefore different "fixes"; here are a couple of suggestions:

1. One cause of secure login problems lies with security-related .dll files, and the following steps should fix that problem. Even if it turns out that your particular problem lies elsewhere, it won't hurt anything to perform this fix:

* Download the attached IERegsvr.zip folder and save it to your desktop.

* Double-click on the IERegsvr.zip folder on your desktop; a window displaying the enclosed IERegsvr.bat batch file will open.

* At the top left-hand corner of the window displaying the batch file, click on the "File" menu option. In the resulting submenu, click the "Extract All..." option. This will start the "Compressed (zipped) Folder Extraction Wizard".

* In the Wizard, don't worry about or change any of the settings that appear, just click the "Next" button, click the "Next" button again, and then click the "Finish" button. A new window displaying the IERegsvr.bat file will open.

* Double-click on the IERegsvr.bat file to run it. Just follow the file's prompts from there to apply the fix.

2. Other possible fixes can be found in the threads returned by the following keyword searches: [search]hotmail secure[/search] [search]hotmail login[/search].

Try downloading another browser, such as firefox and see if the same problem still occurs.

I'm using all sorts of browsers (in fact, firefox at the moment) and same thing's happening... :sad:

DMR: Thanks for that, I'll try it and run it now!!

edit: It didn't help =(

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.