Hi, I noticed that there is a new button among my IE6's regular buttons (back, forward, refresh, stop, home, etc). The button looks like a paw print, and when I put my mouse over it, garbled font (presumably a foreign font which I dont have loaded) appears. I don't know where the paw print button came from, and I'm afriad to click it because I'm afraid it's a hack that will run some weird code.

Running IE6 SP1, XP professional, Dell system. I'm not sure when the paw print appeared, I noticed it only recently by luck (I don't ever use those buttons to navigate IE6, usually), so I don't remember which programs I've installed before the paw print appeared...

Anyone ever heard of anything like this? Anyone know how I can get rid of it, other than pulling out my XP cd and reinstalling IE6? I dont want to have to go through that, if possible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

It is most likely a browser helper hijack ,move on over to the securith section of this fourm ,and post a hijack log discribing you problem .
get hijscthis here .Don't post the log here ,post it in the securith section .

Get The latest Version of Hijackthis 1.98.1

Download 'Hijack This!'.HERE

Unzip (extract) it to a folder of its own.Like c:\HJT\hijackthis.exe ,

Then Doubleclick HijackThis.exe (in the new folder), and hit "Scan".
When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save

Log" button.
Press that, then Ctrl-A to Select All, and copy its contents here. for

hijackthis,most of what it lists will be harmless or even essential,

don't fix anything yet.

Reboot and post a new log ,in the security section of this Fourm .thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.