I can't connect thrugh internet exporer. I use aol broadband, and it works fine, but anything that goes through internet explorer does not connect. I also can't download any updates from microsoft. I keep getting messages that say it might have something to do with proxy setting. Can anyone help?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

go into your internet options goto connections and select your default connection and click settings then tell us what you settings look like

go into your internet options goto connections and select your default connection and click settings then tell us what you settings look like

It says america online settings, there are three boxes. 1. Automatically detect settings. 2. use automatic configuration script. These two are in the automatic configuration section, neither one is checked. 3. Use proxy server for this connection, it is not checked

first off all you should check auto detect settings and the only reason i wanted you to check these settings is because you might have had proxy settings that you didnt need but if the proxy connection box is not checked then i dont think it has to do with proxy.

You need to connect via AOL first. Then minimize the AOL browser and launch IE. Can you connect then?

You need to connect via AOL first. Then minimize the AOL browser and launch IE. Can you connect then?

No. its like ie can't see my connection, I am using a router, since i have several computers on broadband, but they all work.

than make sure that in your internet explorer connection settings the place where it says lan settings has to be set to auto detect. I though you had dial up.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.