Earlier this evening I had a problem that ended up requiring me to do a fresh install of Windows XP Pro with service pack 2 onto my computer. I did not format, rather I installed over the current and problematic install. I've done this a number of times in the past with very few problems. Tonight was not one of these times however.

For some reason (and this has not happened in the past) when I went to open up Outlook I could not find the program at all. I cannot in fact find any Office programs when I had the full suite installed.

When doing this in the past, all my desktop icons remained in tact as did my startup menu. Now, this time, the only thing missing is Office.

What I'm trying to figure out, before I do much else here, is can the files, specifically my email data, be recovered in any way?

The problem has been remedied and help is no longer needed for this problem.

Earlier this evening I had a problem that ended up requiring me to do a fresh install of Windows XP Pro with service pack 2 onto my computer. I did not format, rather I installed over the current and problematic install. I've done this a number of times in the past with very few problems. Tonight was not one of these times however.

For some reason (and this has not happened in the past) when I went to open up Outlook I could not find the program at all. I cannot in fact find any Office programs when I had the full suite installed.

When doing this in the past, all my desktop icons remained in tact as did my startup menu. Now, this time, the only thing missing is Office.

What I'm trying to figure out, before I do much else here, is can the files, specifically my email data, be recovered in any way?

I have exactly the same problem. Can you tell me how you resolved it?

Is there no one out there who knows how to do this? I'm surprised with all of the "Techies" out there.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.