Hello,
I have my dads computer and it is running not even slow it is slower than slow so i said I woul try and get it running fater for him and put in a more memory for him and make it faster well I did and now I can't use the computer. It says windows did not start sucessfully. A recent hardware or softwarec ahnege might have caused this so how can i get the computer back to the way it was? Thanks so much how you can help

ChrisHart

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

hi, have you tried removing the memory that you added? and check whether it helps or not... remove the memory that you added so it goes back to the same settings as before then when you power up your machine press "F8" to have the safe mode options, choose "Last Known Good Configurations that worked" check if it will help :)

Goodluck!!!

Defrag it once you get it up and running again.

Cheers,

Jim

did you make sure the memory was compatible with his computer ,did you make sure you we grounded ,computer unplugged before you install the ram ,and like asked above did you remove it and try again with out new ram ,oh and was it NEW ram

hi, have you tried removing the memory that you added? and check whether it helps or not... remove the memory that you added so it goes back to the same settings as before then when you power up your machine press "F8" to have the safe mode options, choose "Last Known Good Configurations that worked" check if it will help :)

Goodluck!!!

Yes I have removed it and I have done the above and nothing works. Is there anything else I can do? Thanks

Yes I have removed it and I have done the above and nothing works. Is there anything else I can do? Thanks

not sure ,i have added ram to hundreds of computer over the yrs ,and very seldom do i get your results ,remove and reseet the old ram, what make and model of computer is it

not sure ,i have added ram to hundreds of computer over the yrs ,and very seldom do i get your results ,remove and reseet the old ram, what make and model of computer is it

The make and model is COMPAQ Presario 6000

Is the amount of RAM you added showing on the BIOS on boot up?

The make and model is COMPAQ Presario 6000

ok,Compaqs' can be very fussy as to ram type being correct ! did you remove the original ram and but it back in to make sure its making a good connection .never know when inside we can bump things loosen them so if it has other add in card like modem or video make sure they are all well connected to the board

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.