:sad: Hello everyone.
This problem occured resently with my PC here i want to install software but i get such results here:

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOTEXET.NT.The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows application. Choose 'CLose' to terminate the application...

I don't understand this message .
i know that few days ago i used the software and there was no problem but now :( .

could u plz help me and let me know what the matter is >>>

thank u in advance.... ;)

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

What is your Operating System and what is the Software.

Have you checked the software requirements to ensure the software supports your operating system. If its a newer OS with olders software, you may need to get it patched.

Let us know, and we can hopefully find a fix.

I'm using Windows XP and the soft I'm going to run is Virtually saved TOEFL CD , not only and when i tried to install X-manager it did show this pop-up warning.
I guess i did something, before it was no problem i had this soft without any problem and soon suddenly such mistake has happened.

xmm plz give me ur advise what to do ?

I really appreciate ur help.
Thank u much...:)

According to some other sites, the error occurs when your missing one, two or all of the following in your System32 folder.

Autoexec.nt
Config.nt
Command.com

You could try the following. Insert your OS disk. Start - run - cmd. At the command prompt type the following where e is the drive letter of your CD.

expand e:\i386\config.nt_ c:\windows\system32\config.nt
expand e:\i386\autoexec.nt_ c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt
expand e:\i386\command.co_ c:\windows\system32\command.com
exit

If this doesn't work it may be an idea to try a operating system repair, but I don't honestly know how much either will work. If you google the entire message you get some helpful hints

Hope this helps

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.