I am trying to set up Network. I have a wireless router hooked up to cable modem. I have a total of 3 computers 1st hooked up directly to the router, 2nd one hooked wireless by a PCI card and the 3rd I hooked up by a crossover cable to the wireless computer ( to cheep to buy another PCI card (unemployed)). I can share files between the computers fine but I want to know if it is possible to share the internet connection from the wireless computer ?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

google://ICS

it's spelled "cheap". It would be better for that computer to be connected to the router directly. Is there a specific reason why you need to do it this way? You could buy a 50ft cable of the net for around 9 dollars.

I think it would be better for the computer to be connected to the router directly.

Or you can use wireless broadband router, which allows you to share a single broadband internet connection with several users.

That is exactly what I just said. Stop copying people's posts. Give your own suggestions.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.