i'm brand new to this so....be gentle :cheesy:

i have a pc and a laptop. the PC is connected to a cable modem through a router and works perfectly fine, as i am on it.
my issue is with my laptop, wireless connection of course, which up until yesterday was working fine. now when searching for a connection it comes up as "no network found" occasionally there would be one, which isnt mine and then it would disappear.
WLAN radaio...thingy says its on and working fine... when i go to control panel to check the connections it says it is not connected and firewalled, so i took off the firewall and nothing.
i have system restored, uninstalled the driver and reinstalled it and even tried to repair. Nothing works.
i'm going crazy...help:?:

Thanks in advance

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

i'm brand new to this so....be gentle :cheesy:

i have a pc and a laptop. the PC is connected to a cable modem through a router and works perfectly fine, as i am on it.
my issue is with my laptop, wireless connection of course, which up until yesterday was working fine. now when searching for a connection it comes up as "no network found" occasionally there would be one, which isnt mine and then it would disappear.
WLAN radaio...thingy says its on and working fine... when i go to control panel to check the connections it says it is not connected and firewalled, so i took off the firewall and nothing.
i have system restored, uninstalled the driver and reinstalled it and even tried to repair. Nothing works.
i'm going crazy...help:?:

Thanks in advance

Double check the settings on your router:idea: Did you have any Wireless security enabled:?: If you can see another network then they can see you. If you have no security they could of logged onto your router and made some changes.

Try changing the channel that you're using for your wireless network, and make sure that if, you're using security that you reset the NW key. And like knsljo said check the router setting to make sure that they are your own personal settings..... Hope this helps.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.