I am trying to activate DMZ on my computer. I have a Linksys router and I am on my house's network. However when I enter the Web adress for the Web Utility, which is "http://192.168.1.1", it says "Page Cannot be displayed", I need help!

Hi,
I just bought the same router and I have had the same troubles.
I tried "http://192.168.1.2" and it worked!!!!!
So when I got in the menu after putting in my name and password I noticed my router was having this IP Adress 192.168.1.2 !! Maybe it was pure luck I tried this adres but it worked out fine for me.
Give it a try !
Regards,
Spooner

Might not be the same thread, but I have the BEFSX41 and "finally" got it configured with the Web admin page, BUT I hade to use firefox instead of IE to get to the admin pages somewhat reliably. I still have to open each tab or link in a new window most of the time and it is still very unstable (for administration). pop-ups off, reboots, reloads etc tried.

Now that it is configed, I work fine to any other Internet site, e-mail, vpn etc etc, but trying to re-config the router or to just view logs is tedious at best since the page never loads the first time. Did install the latest firmware (as of 3-29-05 off of linksys site). Did change the default adddress as well as the DHCP range just to make sure there were no conflicts, but that config or in default config, same problem.

I'm up and on-line, but administration of the router is painful and very unreliable and IE isn't even an option unless I close IE down and retry each time, I "might" get a main page or partial page once.

I have yet to get someone elses PC on the network for them to try as an ultimate PC/Router determining factor, but I really believe it is the router and was hoping someone else had similar problems since I saw this tread title?
Thanks
Harold

Might not be the same thread, but I have the BEFSX41 and "finally" got it configured with the Web admin page, BUT I hade to use firefox instead of IE to get to the admin pages somewhat reliably. I still have to open each tab or link in a new window most of the time and it is still very unstable (for administration). pop-ups off, reboots, reloads etc tried.

Now that it is configed, I work fine to any other Internet site, e-mail, vpn etc etc, but trying to re-config the router or to just view logs is tedious at best since the page never loads the first time. Did install the latest firmware (as of 3-29-05 off of linksys site). Did change the default adddress as well as the DHCP range just to make sure there were no conflicts, but that config or in default config, same problem.

I'm up and on-line, but administration of the router is painful and very unreliable and IE isn't even an option unless I close IE down and retry each time, I "might" get a main page or partial page once.

I have yet to get someone elses PC on the network for them to try as an ultimate PC/Router determining factor, but I really believe it is the router and was hoping someone else had similar problems since I saw this tread title?
Thanks
Harold

You're welcome , good luck !
Spooner.

is there any way of retreiving the username and password
or di i just press reest on the router i have the linksys wrt54g

>is there any way of retreiving the username and password
Not that I know of.

>or di i just press reest on the router
That's the easiest way.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.