Hi.
I have an Internet broadmand connection from BSNL (India). I have four pcs with windows XP in my LAN. How can i set my pc so that all other pcs will share Broadband internet connection. Kindly show all settings.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hey
I am facing the problem with internet sharing.
I have win 2003 STD server and I have 3 LAN cards are installed in the server.
And I want to use one LAN card for VPN second for local Area connection and third for internet main line.
Now I have configured remote and routing access service and that is working properly means you can access this server from anywhere.
And I want to share the internet from the same Server so I had shared the third one LAN card. And given the server's gateway to my node computers they can also able to use internet through this server.
But if I want block some sites and restrict uploading to particular users so how can I configure this in my 2003 server, so I can control all the traffic from the server and node's will get the pure internet from the server and also I can save my internet bandwidth.
(E.g. I want to restrict www.xyz.com to node computer and nodes are getting internet connectivity from server means where exactly where I put www.xyz.com so nodes will not able to access the site. And if I want to restrict this site only for 2 nodes but I want to give the access to other 3 nodes, so how can it possible.)

I don’t have any kind of firewall (hardware/software)

Best regards,
Manoj

Hey
I am facing the problem with internet sharing.
I have win 2003 STD server and I have 3 LAN cards are installed in the server.
And I want to use one LAN card for VPN second for local Area connection and third for internet main line.
Now I have configured remote and routing access service and that is working properly means you can access this server from anywhere.
And I want to share the internet from the same Server so I had shared the third one LAN card. And given the server's gateway to my node computers they can also able to use internet through this server.
But if I want block some sites and restrict uploading to particular users so how can I configure this in my 2003 server, so I can control all the traffic from the server and node's will get the pure internet from the server and also I can save my internet bandwidth.
(E.g. I want to restrict www.xyz.com to node computer and nodes are getting internet connectivity from server means where exactly where I put www.xyz.com so nodes will not able to access the site. And if I want to restrict this site only for 2 nodes but I want to give the access to other 3 nodes, so how can it possible.)

I don’t have any kind of firewall (hardware/software)

Best regards,
Manoj

Please start your own thread to avoid confusion.

I have two PCs which are connected each other through peer2peer connection and one pc have BSNL broadband connection.
How I can access the internet simonteniouly in two PCs through LAN.
Thanking you

Hi sanu2005.

First of all- welcome to Daniweb :).

We ask that members not piggy-back questions on to a thread previously started by another member here in the Viruses, Spyware & other Nasties forum, (regardless of how similar your problem might seem). Not only does it divert the focus of the thread away from the original poster's problem, but it also makes it less likely that you yourself will get the individual attention that you need.

Please start your own thread and post your question there. When you do, please try to give us as much specific info as possible regarding the problem (exact error messages, system specs, etc.).

For a full description of our posting guidelines and general rules of conduct, please see this page:

http://www.daniweb.com/forums/faq.php?faq=daniweb_policies

Thanks for understanding.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.