:cheesy: :cheesy: Hi, all

Recently bought a DL-604 router. The question like to ask is? Can i use the router with software firewall. The router also come with firewall capability. which is better and how do i configure the router and firewall.
i am running winxp sp2.

any help is greatly appreciated.

thank..

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I recently set up a home network... you can used the firewall provided by windows...

Set up your router, go to network connections, right click your Local Area Network and go to properties, then go to the 'Advanced' tab... there should be a windows firewall, you can choose your settings from there.

:cheesy: :cheesy: Hi, all

Recently bought a DL-604 router. The question like to ask is? Can i use the router with software firewall. The router also come with firewall capability. which is better and how do i configure the router and firewall.
i am running winxp sp2.

any help is greatly appreciated.

thank..

Your router should have come with instructions for configuring it, if not, their website should have a manual you can download.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.