Is it possible to have a DOS based system connected to my home network? It has a NIC and I have an available port.

The system would be used for PC maintenance such as downloading files, patches and doing scans before copying to my other systems.

Thanks...

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Yes granted all PC's are under a dos6 naming convetion which is no spaces no non a-z 0-9 characters and under 7 letters long

Yes. If I recall correctly, my domain names are 6char and the domain name can be easily changed. Given the correct paramaters, after loading the nic drivers through autoexec & conf files, what application should I be using to log onto the current home network. Remember this system is strictly for system updates /files only. The files can will be copied after clearing tests.

What DOS apps would you recommend as the interface to logon, and possibly for downloading.

Thank you.

Somewhere I have a network boot disk that you can use to logon to a domain/workgroup with under DOS. Lemme poke around and see if I can find it...

Thank you for your assistance, I appreciate it. If you find the disk let me know, in the mean time I will search for the same.

Again, my thanks....

later...

Somewhere I have a network boot disk that you can use to logon to a domain/workgroup with under DOS. Lemme poke around and see if I can find it...

I can't find the disk, but I modeled it after Bart's. You can find it here.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.