Vesperto 0 Newbie Poster

Greetings.

When i tried setting up dyndns and entered my new dynamic domain in my browser's address bar i came across my router's configuration, blank password and all. Here's a silly question: did it show up because i was in the local network or would it show up to the world anyway?

Silly question aside, the main post.

My ISP provided a Thomson ST516 "modem" which also has a whole bunch of features i was unaware of such as DHCP, firewall, etc... They sold it to me as a modem and i bought into it, having only one eth port and all and having declined their router solution. Turns out the ST51 "offers a fast, full-featured routing engine as well as a solid firewall to ensure the best end-user experience. " Hooray.

I also have a router: DLink DI-524UP. Capital R, 4-port switch, wireless, USB port for prinserver, etc.

My current configuration is internet - thomson - d-link - PCs. Now that i've discovered these extras on my "modem" i want to deactivate them, i want it to act as a regular modem, so that my router can get the external ip adress. So, i want to put the thomson thing in bridge mode.

I was surprised they weren't conflicting with DHCP but the D-Link is set to relay. They're both on the same range though, which is configurable, and of course both of them have IP adresses...

I have no response from telneting to the thomson and i can't seem to figure out how to bridge it. I've searched all the options in the menus. Also, it reportes 3 IPs in its lan that are not mine (but sequential, i assume ntp or dns from the isp) as well as another, slightly different one, that shows up sometimes.

What are your sugestions/opinions on this? Should i try another approach? I'd like to run an http-server in one of my boxes, but i want people to access that through my ip (requires dmz/forwarding/etc, i know), not my thomson's configuration!

Edit:
- I can't get FTP access, i get this:
550 Requested action not taken: command denied for this user.
Invalid response '5' received from server.
- I can get telnet access and am now trying to dive into the CLI manual* but those commands are mostly foreign to me and i don't wanna bork this, not without figuring out how to backup...

* http://www.thomsonbroadbandpartner.com/getfile.php?id=3263

TIA,